Tuesday, November 8, 2011

{truth to share: series on giving thanks}

I love quotes and I love even more how some of them resonate deep inside you. I happened upon this one in particular not too long ago and fell in love... literally.

There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad dalight of perperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.

I hope it speaks to your heart has much as it did mine. And hopefully as you remember yourself in these moments in time, during the moments that find you fighting for breath and belonging and grasping for some truth that you remember that God created in you a spark of heavenly fire that was meant to pull itself up from the ashes and look into the eyes of your savior and relinquish control, and choose life over death. Stop ruminating on the past and the round table of never ending angonies that never get resolved. Stop shaming and blaming in your hurt, bitterness and missed opportunities.

One of the things I have struggled to resolve for myself is why certain people find the need to put others down just when they needed those people in their lives... and most often were the strongest to bring them through. I get these calls from girlfriends who I haven't heard from in years wanting advice when their own scorn burned and scared my heart. Now, I can choose to do the same, I can choose to dwell on the differences of their lifestyles from mine, their outlooks on life and even their relationship with God. However, what I cannot dimiss is their need for relationship and my call by God to maybe be the only real relational loving character in their life, possibly guiding them to Christ. Why is MY vindicatioin more important then their salvation? (Wise words).  Moreover, why are MY attributes assets and theirs a liability in my mind. When if you think strongly on what it says in the Word, Paul said that all he was, all his training and wordly titles and accomplishments were nothing in the grand scheme of things... especially considering that all of it is dust. Just makes you think... well it makes me think anyway.

My boss the other day... asked me why I can treat people so fairly, even the ones that don't deserve to be treated that way. I looked at him and said, "Because I have no reason NOT too. I have no right by God to talk behind their backs, get even, or suggest to others that their right is wrong in my eyes. Who is the judge? I most certainly am not." His eyes got big and I think I painted a picture for him. "Furthermore, I said, "These chidlren... no matter what their age have a mother. I can't hurt someone's kid." He chuckled but I was serious. 

It's life lessons like these that make me want to GIVE THANKS.

Emily

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails