Friday, December 3, 2010

{getting there happy friday}


Do you ever have not so happy Fridays? For some goofy reason this one just started out SO wrong. Didn't sleep a wink last night, left my make up bag at work, fish tailed all over the road because of the ice, and managed to get a HUGE blister on my toe. Why? Because I was stupid and forgot to pick up a pair of panty hose for work so I ended up wearing black socks in my heels instead. NOT pleasant or good feeling at all. Ouchy. And on top of all of that, I'm starving. Literally. Didn't bring my lunch to work because I was in a hurry to leave and because I'm saving up right now for an important Christmas gift this year. So, hungry, cold and my poor toe throbbing left me to believe that I was having a very poor day. That is until I followed up with what Tiffany is doing over at Huge Love. Gosh that girl makes me laugh, and the wisdom that she brings from her own experience in life and God being always so faithful shares her stories and insights with us all.

I was reading just this last week in the Bible in Psalms about how the earth is filled with God's love ( I have the verse written down at home if you would like it). That's a whole lot of love! It makes my heart so joyous and less troubled when I think of that. But you know what else that verse did for me? It made me remember how much I love knowing that even though the world and some people and events and things are scarry that God has surrounded us by love and that we don't have to grow shaky or scared or worried about the future or what might happen to us because He has it all under control. Doesn't that just make you smile? It does me.

We all go through traumatic times. I've experienced abuse, a father who abandoned his family, and helping my mom shoulder a huge brunt of scarry times. But God has still remained faithful and true. It says that His thoughts toward us are thoughts of LOVE, not of destruction or pain and suffering. It says that in this world we WILL have trouble but to take heart because He has overcome the world. Webster defines the word "overcome" as something that gets the better of or surmonts which means to overcome difficulties. Now that is huge don't you think? It's been a huge resting place for me this last week as I continue to grow and face difficult times in my life. Sometimes we don't understand why bad things happen or we continually ask, "Why me?" I've said that before. And I've suffered from stinky thinking. But this is the truth. We live in a world where people have free choice and free will and a God that lets people have their free will. However, that's not to say there aren't consequences. Everyone has those.

So as I prop up my foot and look forward to going home after a LONG day at work I am grateful that I am so cared after, loved and sought after. It makes the blisters on toes... in the end... not so terrible. =)

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails