Sunday, May 16, 2010

{belonging}

I'm still trying to figure that infinite question out myself. I think it is a common misconception by most young people that all of a sudden when you graduate from college, hit a certain age and start branching out on your own that you will find the missing spot within you that answers the "belonging" question in your heart. Where do I belong? Am I accepted? Do I matter? Why am I here anyway? Let's just say that all of this is obviously normal. Certain events in your life will make you think upon that answer more than other times. Death, life, relationships, transitions. It's natural. It's how you deal with those situations though that make it or break it; or at least that is how it feels to me. Growing better, not bitter. Influencing those around you, instead of them influencing you. All alot easier said then done. Right?

So where am I getting at anyway? Let me just say that after walking through some battles of my own I have been able to see a few different sides. The good, the bad and the ugly. What I can say is that it has shaped my future in ways I never thought it would. It is not always the events in our lives that hold us back from living a fruitful future but often times our own perceptions or expectations. My expectations and perceptions for my life don't match up to anything I would have expected. Nothing has been terribly normal. But isn't that what you wish for when you are a kid? I want to be different. I want to stand out and I want to be someone people remember. Not like Susie or John down the street. It's laughable isn't it? At least now it is.

So, my advice? Don't get hung up on your expectactions or perceptions. You will be surprised by what will happen when you let them go. Believe me, life is so much better when you let go of the norm and start to live through the lens of a kaleidoscope. If you go along with the twists and the turns you will never believe what beauty can take shape. It's YOUR life taking beautiful shape. Embrace it and welcome it. You'll wish you did.

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails