Wednesday, February 10, 2010

{surprise!}

Yep, so this is it, my Florida sunshine purse! Thanks to Jack from Slightly Off Center I actually remembered to post this, so thanks Jack!!!! Don't you just love it? It is a Mary Frances design and my Mom, knowing how much I love unique purses, spied it in a small boutique in Wikeewatche and brought it home for me. Gosh, if only you could all see my neat purses! And I use all of them for different occasions and of course everyday bumming arounds too. 

So on another note, we all got alot of snow again. Nothing like what Naomi and Josh from Rockstar Diaries are experiencing in DC but gosh enough. I just can't believe how cold it has been lately too. This morning's commute will definitely go down in the book as another one of my adventures. See, my windshield was already a little frosty. Pretty little doily-like frost tipped spheres rested loverly (lol) on my windshield. However, it was also dirty and knowing how my sister Laura HATES an obstructed windshield of any kind, I thought I would clean it for her. Oh and don't forget to make sure that all the drops of water from washing the glass is gone too. It drives her nuts. I could seriously care less. Anywho, as it goes, I washed it as I was driving down the road. Lo and behold, as I should probably have expected, the whole thing just froze over solid and I couldn't see a THING! Panick set in, especially since I was driving 30 miles per hour and there was a ditch on one side and cars coming at me from another. So guess what I did? I opened my driver side window, and just like a gleefull looking dog stuck my head on the window. WAY out the window. Oh my heart. Honestly people!! I don't know if God is trying to use these experiences in my life to humble me and bring me down a few pegs or if I am just going through a rough patch right now and need to laugh more often. But I did laugh, the ENTIRE time my head is out the window, nonetheless being frost bitten because I am driving at 30 mph's and having to find the nearest road to turn off onto so I can scrape the window. Three cars passed me as my head hung out the window. THREE! How humiliating. So I pull off, put on my hazards and my sister Laura is laughing hysterically at me. Laughing because now I am all wind blown, my cheeks are beet red from the cold air, and my eyes are watering because of staring into the wind. Oh gosh.... really. SERIOUSLY?! So, after stopping the car and getting everything set right, you know, so I could see again, I pretty much stop right there and say, "Yep, that is just about all I needed for today. I'm going back home to bed." That was at 7:30 this morning.  So that was my morning and it pretty much set the tone for the rest of my day being very stupid. You know when you just have those stupid days? Those days that you think that you need a brain transplant? Although you know what I say now? I need a new battery and everyone cracks up. If only they knew that it really wasn't that funny. Because it's not! Okay, it is funny. Really funny. Only I just wish that this tendency to hope for a new battery would stop so that I can at least feel like I've done something productive for the day. Because right now, besides taking care of everything that of course is ALL top priority, I feel like I am completely missing the mark in other areas. Whew.... okay, rambling.

Well, my dear blogger folks, I bid thee farewell and a pleasant evening. I am off to bed to charge my battery. Ugh.... =)

1 Comments:

Jack said...

I do love it! What a fun accessory; very unique indeed.

You may need to a purse series of posts in the near future :)

Thanks for sharing this with us.
Jack ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails