Sunday, January 24, 2010

{good morning white-out}

So I woke up this morning to this:

Yep.... a complete transformation overnight. And it is still snowing quite heavy as I write this. According to my trusty snow-measuring-yard-stick, I have been able to determine that we had six inches fall last night.

Here is the latest weather bulletin from the desk of the Northland's News Center:

Winter Storm Continues for the Weekend for Duluth and the Rest of the Northland

FORECAST DISCUSSION: A storm which pummeled Southern California is making its way through the Rockies, and by Saturday the whole mess will be bearing down on the Northland. Temperatures right around the freezing mark make the forecast very tricky for meteorologists. We're going to see a wide variety of precipitation types, from plain rain, to freezing rain, sleet and wet snow. The best advice I have for travelers is to make sure you check the latest conditions before setting out!

So yippee for me! More snow... and once I get a chance to get outside more snow angels for the year. Doesn't look like I'll be making it to church today though. There is no way I am going to be getting out unto the road at all. I'm completely snowed in, which is exactly how I like it. =)



1 Comments:

Jack said...

As much as I hate winter...I LOVE snowstorms. Especially when the storm closes everything down and your left snuggling up at home in front of a warm fire reading, knitting, or just relaxing.

Beautiful photos!

Related Posts with Thumbnails