Friday, January 25, 2008

The Art of the Handwritten Note

I found this book and I absolutely love it! What a wonderful thing to become proficient at writing letters. When I was in elementary and highschool years I painstainkingly studied cursive lettering and styles and even purchased a calligraphy kit. I was praised for my beautiful penmanship and I was so proud of it. My Mother always used to say that you could tell alot about a person by their handwriting. My interest only grew after watching lovely movies from Jane Austen where the characters continually wrote letters. But lately, I am finding it very sad that people don't write letters anymore at all and don't even know where to start. When I was little I used to write my Grandmother in the Twin Cities and tell her of all my musings then. She still writes me and today I still get excited about opening letters! I love even more shopping for pretty and practical stationary. I hope that this book inspires you to take out your ink well and muse!

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails