Friday, January 25, 2008

Craving: Banana Bread

To continue on my carbohydrate binge, today I am craving banana bread. Honestly people, I do not weigh a thousand pounds! I actually think that posting about my cravings keeps me from eating the stuff right away anyway. But doesn't this loaf look devine? Ooooh! I can just taste the crunchy-brown sugary-buttery crust! The picture of the loaf above is courtesy of my sister Laura(I honestly believe she has a future as a food photographer!) and the baking is courtesy of my Mother the Master Baker and her bakery Lara's Sweets and Treats! What are you craving today? I have a pretty wonderful recipe for banana bread from Martha Stewart that you should try below:

Ingredients
Makes 1 loaf
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature, plus more for pan
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan; set aside. In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, and beat to incorporate.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the butter mixture, and mix until just combined. Add bananas, sour cream, and vanilla; mix to combine. Stir in nuts, and pour into prepared pan.
Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Let rest in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool.

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails