Tuesday, January 11, 2011

{a sweet memory}


I was purusing Jen Gotch 's polaroid blog and I happened upon this lovely picture, with the sea horse necklace suspended on this lovely blouse. It took my breath away for a moment. When I was a little girl, I had a tank of sea horses. Gosh were they special. Just little ones, dancing back and forth in front of the glass, their little mouths opening with a neigh or yawn. I think that was when my fascination began towards little things... little things that are so precious and somehow survive your attempts to bring them into your world. I love terrariums for that reason too. An atmosphere surviving in its own climate, dependant on your watering and bright sunlight. I love watching the condensation build up inside creating a misty atmosphere and then the water droplets dripping down the sides of the glass letting you get just a little glimpse into the life inside. Amazing. Brilliant really.

What memories from your childhood do you remember making a big impact on you?

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails