Tuesday, September 21, 2010

{artful babble... such a thing?}

Well then I am the queen because today, I did it again. Somehow, many, MANY times a day I have numerous coworkers happening in on the strangest last words of a sentence... you know... the awkward ones. And always, ALWAYS I get the look and comment... I guess I had to be there. But just in case you are curious... here is a list of the words that just so happened to make me blush and flush all day... I know... apperently I have ALOT of time on my hands. =) Blast... but none of them sound like what you are thinking... remember... PG. ;)

Hut
Plague
You know? Up there...
Worms
Say it!
Flash back

Yep... so in my best attempt to not say something that will end up saying something I didn't mean to say in the beginning, I think that keeping my mouth shut is going to be my busy factor. Yep. So sorry for you dear folks... you will get the run off. But oh, that is why I love you so... artful babble.

On other news... don't roll your eyes if I decide that one of the most exciting days of the year for me is when I can go to Caribou Coffee and drink my first pumpkin spice latte. It is a religious event! Like a pilgrimage to Meca! =) I walk myself up to the order counter, trying to look like I am not as excited as I REALLY am, looking at the hanging order charts and then blurt out rather quickly, "I'llhaveapumpkinspicelatteplease." Then the deep breath of resolute happiness and the brimming smile and there, you did it, you've been waiting all year and then... the wait. It's almost like waiting for a friend that you haven't seen for a long time landing at the airport. It makes you giddy and a little nervous. What if they've changed and you won't recognize them? Or what if you have changed and you've decided you're not compatible anymore? Hm. Putting that all aside you just close your eyes and as you take the cup in your hand, inhale that friendly, familar aroma you recognize that not that much has changed and instead you are in heaven. You are hooked and you are best friends again. Mmmm... (Obsession. Okay, I get it.) Just tell me please that I am NOT the only one that feels the same way... I just can't be. Shame on you if I am. You are REALLY missing out. Mmmhhmmm... =)

However.... something made my day way more complete.... an awesome pair of socks. Oh heavens.... nothing like them. Like warm hands on your cold toes. Mmmm... =)

3 Comments:

Michelle @ Twig said...

hello there,
just noticed your link in my google follow box. had to come over and say hello. am now off to browse your lovely space!

Emme McClain said...

Thank you! I really fell in love with your's as well! Keep up the good work!

Emme McClain said...

Thank you! I really fell in love with your's as well! Keep up the good work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails