Tuesday, March 23, 2010

{happy spring}

Spring is finally here and I am so excited about it. I have taken some really neat pictures so I will get those out to you tonight. So I thought I would share with you the ten things that I absolutely love about spring in Duluth.

1. The ice in the harbor finally catches on the breeze of the currents and gets swung out into the lake to melt away.
2. Little song birds make there way back to eat at your bird feeders.
3. The sunshine is magnificent! It takes my breath away and thankfully for some dear friends I am finally getting out during lunch breaks and enjoying it.
4. Relishing the cool lake breezes on my face. It is so refreshing and AGAIN that sun is so intoxicating!
5. Watching the little crocuses and hyacinths come up from the hard, cold ground.
6. Spring cleaning outside! Sprucing everything up for a lovely summer.
7. Visiting all the lakewalk shops and getting excited about all the new spring colors.
8. New birth! A dear friend has a mother goat that just gave birth to twins! Can't wait to go and see them. :-)
9. Listening to the water rushing in the streams near the house from all the melting snow. 
10. Saying goodbye to snow for good! All the snow is gone right now. Yay! 

What things make spring wonderful where you live? 

Photo courtesy of Bing images.

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails