Saturday, January 30, 2010

{seven years of bad luck...}

Do you believe in old wives tales about broken mirrors? I didn't, but then again look at what happened to me last night driving home. Yep, quite a story.

I was driving home around 9:30 p.m. when all of a sudden I notice that there is this white car coming towards me. Right at me really fast. I could see that its front fender was coming right for my driver's side door so I tried to swerve out of the way but realized that there was a car on my right hand side also coming up on me to pass. Then all of a sudden we hit and this person's car took out my mirror. So this is the aftermath. Pretty icky uh? Boy was I shaking pretty badly, especially realizing that it could have been much worse. As soon as I got home I called 911 so that I could report the incident. This person whoever he or she was most likely was drinking because it nearly took out the car ahead of me at about a block away. Well, at least I feel justified in a way. This person is driving around without a mirror too. Little bugger.

So long story short, had a really nice police officer come to my door last night at 10:30 p.m. and take my full report. You know what? He really was genuinely concerned about what happened and was so releaved I was okay and nothing worse had happened. He left and I wished him a safe night. Wow. So wherever you are, thank God for your city police officers. They really put alot on the line and I was so impressed that he came way out to my house just to check on me. Super nice. Thank you Mr. Policeman. :-)

So getting back to that old wives tale. Do you think that because I didn't cause the mirror to smash myself that it isn't valid. Or, do you think that because this person's mirror and my own is busted that it is doubled? Oh well, why start believing in all of that stuff now? I never did. Just thought I'd put that out there.

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails