Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Mr. Darcy... ... (sigh)

Last night for the umpteenth time I sat to watch my favorite movie, Pride and Prejudice. Honestly, nothing can compare to this movie at all. Now I know, there are many of you out there who just can't part yourselves from the dashing portrayal of Colin Firth. I must, in a most ashamadely why say that I never liked that adaptation. It seemed to rigid, to careless, and he was too cold-hearted, not the way I felt Jane Austen originally cast Mr. Darcy in her timeless novel. But this Mr. Darcy, ohhhh, my heart. There is something about him in the beginning that wants you to snub him; his air of walking, pride, disdain for lowly human life. But then as his honor unfurls, his integrity, his kindness and compassion, well then you just can't help yourself but like him. ALOT!

So I want to start a poll... I would like to hear from all you Jane Austen fans out there. Who is your favorite Austen Gentalman and why? There will be a surprise at the end too! Yipee!

1 Comments:

Ginger said...

I stumbled upon your blog today...quite interesting b/c I LOVE Jane Austen! :) My fave gentleman is Edward Ferrars (Hugh Grant's portrayal). Something about his gentle nature & kindness just gets me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails