Friday, September 5, 2008

Happy Friday Chickees!

I am in a Chickadee mood. You know, that little bird that has a striking black cap and sings that distinctive little tune. Well, in my neck of the woods Chickadees spring from every corner and are quite vocal. Us girls love them to bits. Our little birds love to play with the little rusty looking Nuthatches. The two play together and the little Nuthatches giggle back, it is really sweet. Apparently little Nuthatches are quite the little copy catters and will try sounding off in a spunky manner like their little friends do. Maybe that is what makes them giggle. When I was little I used to write stories about the little birds that played in the woods by our house. I would draw pictures to the stories about Nutty Percy and Fancy Fritz. I look back at my little books and laugh... oh my little heart. Now my younger sister Ashley loves drawing and writing and is in my opinion the next Beatrix Potter. Her little critters and stories are timeless and very compelling. You honestly cannot put the little scribbled pages down. Hopefully, someday I will be able to share them with you.

On that note, I hope you all have a splendid weekend. I am just starting to get over my cold and need a weekend to recoop and recharge. I plan on taking naps, drinking tea and trying to stay warm. It is really starting to get cold here. We had a frost advisory out for last night. I love Autumn though. It is my favorite season of all time. Duluth is the most beautiful place during fall. On Monday's post I will share with you my favorite fall haunts.

Happy Friday!

Emmy

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails