Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It's My Birthday Today

I really can't believe it. Here I am, finally 24 and looking back at all I have accomplished over the last few years. I have lived a very blessed life, yes, even with all the struggles that one encounters along the way. I say finally because I really feel much older. My Mother says it is just because I am old fashioned, others say it is because I am an old soul. I think that it is because I am the oldest child in the family and was raised by adults. That's not to say I am not young at heart, because I am, I really am. I love life more than I should be allowed to. I have crazy dreams, live spontaneously, and love the every day surprises and adventures. This year is going to be one of those that I will look back on with fondness.

Guess what I got from my new Father this morning? Well, I first of all have to tell you the story of how it came to be. My mother is in the Caribbean right now with him and he was so sad that he was taking my mother away from my birthday that he sent before hand (from Scotland) a lovely wrapped box with a card. Inside was the most beautiful silver celtic cuff bracelet with matching earings I have ever seen. I am so blessed! The Scottish designer is Charles Rennie MacKintosh from Glasgow. I was searching around and couldn't find an exact picture of the pieces I have, so you will just have to use your imagination. That is, unless I get my sister to take a picture of them for you. =) Tonight I am going out to dinner at a surprise location, I will share with you tomorrow where I actually went.

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails