Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Love: Silk Ribbon Embriodery

I have been doing silk ribbon embriodery since I was 15. It was a wonderful chance for me to be quiet and just relax and make something beautiful. At this time I have made lovely samplers that I have turned into eye glass cases, pillow cases, purses and framed pictures. It really is a very old fasioned form of embriodery. Along with my other hand crafts that I love doing such as crochet, ribbon embriodery no matter what the pattern turns out just beautiful. However, I am finding the kits, harder and harder to find these days. I don't know if it is because Duluth is limited in this area or if there is a national shortage of fine ideas. I would love to hear from anyone who knows of a great place to order pre-done kits with the cut ribbon pieces inside. If you do please drop me a line and let me know. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails