Thursday, January 10, 2008

Craving: Waffles

I haven't blogged on a craving as of late and that is maybe because I have been trying to stay away from cravings and eat a little more normally lately since the Holidays are over. But today I am craving carbohydrates with a passion. It is probably a good thing that I am at work otherwise I would probably be home making these. This is my absolutely favorite recipe in the whole world for waffles. I don't know if you are anyone like me, but when I was a little girl and I would eat too many waffels I would get a tummy ache. But with these gingerbread waffles you can seriously eat as many as you want and not feel one thing. I guess it is the ginger. But since I am the only one in my family who truly appreciates ginger I am usually the only one who will eat them. So what I do after they have cooled is I individually wrap them in plastic wrap and place them in the freezer. Then every morning I take one out and plop it into the toaster and out pops a wonderfully warm and toasty gingerbread waffle. I then spread it with lovely butter and maple syrup (I don't really like this recipe for the blueberry syrup on top. You can use the chrystalized ginger for extra spice and the dash of pepper but you really don't need it if you don't have it on hand.) and a little glass of milk and I am off to heaven. Try them. You will love them!

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGosh!! this is making my stomach growl!! it looks so yummy and delicious

Related Posts with Thumbnails