Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Zenith City of the Unsalted Seas

That is a phrase most often given to Duluth. It is a huge lake that surrounds the Duluth portway known as Lake Superior. The lake is so larg in fact and covers so much surface that it determines a lot of the surrounding weather. It can be sunny one minute and raining the next (see my earlier post). Actually the same thing occurs during the winter months as well. This past winter we had a blizzard that knocked out power, shut down the town, and got everyone a little crazy. You would understand if you were locked up for a whole week with seven feet of snow blocking your door to outside! We also had thunder, lightening, and a crazy eerie green sky. And the wind! The wind could blow you off your feet! It did to me any way and I am an average sized girl (5'5"/140 pounds)! What exciting times though! I love storms, and if I didn't have a stable job like I do now I would probably be a weather chaser, that's how much I love it!

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails