Sunday, January 9, 2011

{italiano?}

I've been fascinated by languages my entire life. Unfortanetly the knack for learning them doesn't come that easily. I was horrible at it in highschool and thankfully, where I went to school I could take American Sign Language instead. Spanish bore me to tears, Russian felt like a chore and well, Latin although intriguing just reminded me that it truly WAS dead. So long story short, in highschool when I studied opera (yes, I was studying to become an opera singer) I fell in love with Italian. The arias, the passion, the beauty. So tonight, I snuck out to Barnes and Noble and I figured that THIS time I would bite the bullet and go for it. See if I couldn't find a knack for it now... after all these years. And guess what... it's easy. It's beautiful and rolling my "r's", gosh... not bad at all. I guess it goes to show you that you are never too far behind to learn something new. Makes me excited. I'd like to become good at it. Take a class or two and maybe do a bit of traveling to test it out. Until then, here I come YouTube! lol. Oh and Julia Roberts who plays out the life and love of Elizabeth Gilbert in Eat, Pray, Love... that girl makes me proud. Learning Italian on the fly in a foreign country. Something should be said about that. Go girl!

In any case, now this part will make me really cool...

Ciao! ;-)

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails