Monday, November 29, 2010

{beaming. dreaming. thankful.}

Unless you think that I have a frost bitten noggin' (which when I think of it isn't too far fetched... sometimes =) ) I wanted to take a few minutes on this Thanksgiving day to share with you some of my delights. My beaming, dreaming, thankful delights. =)

First off... my lovely turkey. Well, even if it did take two hours longer to cook then it should have (I forgive you birdie, SLAP ;-) ) and was DRYER then it should have been (Leslie was right, use the bag) I still must say that I looked at it most admiringly and smiled at my good fortune. Well, or luck. Well, blessing really. =) See, he was a winner from the start. 12 pounds and non the richer but he fed us nonetheless. Just add a few more dollups of mayo on your sammy so you don't choke. Anyway, getting back to my story, I won him! Oh yeah. So I'm a winner. Woe to that lonely beef roast that SHOULD have been our thankful evening dinner. Woe to you dear cowie. Anyway... frozen noggin'!! ROFL!

So, to continue... snow, snow, snow. Honestly, what was I thinking? Or THINKING shall I say when I resolved to stay in Duluth to temper my foregoing passion for frozen fingers, numb toes, and tingling nose tips. In love I tell you. It's all about love. Oh yeah, I'm a sucker for it all. Love that is. =)

But thankfulness... and dreams... and beaming? Well let me just fill you in.





So thankful for my dreams of my beaming future. Truly! And my hope rests in this sweet Word from Jeremiah 29:11..."For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Isn't that sweetest bit of good news you have ever heard? I tell you that every time I read that out load to myself I can't help but feel the goosebumps rise up on my arms and a blazing fire of hope fire up in my spirit. Have you ever had a word mean the whole world to you? This one means just that much! So while you nibble on your turkey sammy, and polish off the rest of the pumpkin pie and cranberries, just remember your true hope and thankfulness. Your future!

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails