Wednesday, September 15, 2010

{sweet pea and ricotta crostini}


Mmmm.... two peas!

Tonight I needed a treat. Mmmhm. Not something sweet like the double chocolate sea salt cookies that mom made but something more savory. Something that was salty and crunchy and to my surprise slightly sweet at the same time. I had this savory crostini when I was in Alexandria with my friend Shannon and I was SOLD. Yep, right on the spot.



But doesn't it look strange in a way? When you toss all the ingredients into the food processor you can't help but laugh a little. It is BRIGHT green. Baby pea green. But boy is it good. Ricotta, green onions, garlic, kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper and that lovely baguette bread generously coated with olive oil. A savory heaven. Oh and don't forget the cheese on top. Pecorino Romano. Mmmmm... =) Just the right amount and just the right thing for a great evening treat.

Good night!

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails