Monday, June 8, 2009

{my life is like a kaleidoscope}

"Blessed..." that is the word my lips softly spoke as I rolled over to check the time on my clock this morning. Who knew that I would be here in my cozy bed, five years later, after surviving the storm, doing well in school, applying to grad school, looking forward to my dear Mother's move to Scotland with my new Papa David and being safe and healthy.

I have lived the road less traveled. I didn't know where it was going to be taking me, but I knew that I was safe in the hands of my Father who loves me. Those hands that led me through the valley of death, held me close when my heart was bursting, listened when no one seemed to hear, and talked to me soothingly, telling me that this hard time would pass and that my future was bright. I clung to the verse in Psalms 91:14-16 that read...


"Because she loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue her; I will protect her, for she acknowledges my name. She will call upon me, and I will answer her; I will be with her in trouble, I will deliver her and honor her. With a long life will I satisfy her and show her my salvation."


Yes, my life has been like a kaleidoscope, blessed and ever changing. Kaleidoscope means Greek for "beautiful shape". That is what my life has been like lately, taking beautiful shape. I will never forget those things that have shaped my heart into what it is today. I am so grateful that my life resembles more than just what I first saw. That it is colorful and ever changing, brilliant and full of life. Even though spring doesn't seem to want to come to my area I feel it in my heart and my life is moving in the direction of that light, never to look back!

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails