Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Craving: Rhubarb

I love rhubarb. It is a tangy summer vegetable that grows, quite honestly, like a weed up here in Duluth. This past weekend I was feeling inspired as I looked out our garden window and spied our rhubarb patch, thick and ready for picking. So out I went flip-flopping my way there in my flip-flops through dewy grass (it had just rained) and gathered myself a good handful of long thick stalks. I had a craving for my mother's recipe of Crunchy Top Rhubarb Muffins. So I set my space ready, cutting and watching my fingers pucker with the sourness of the rhubarb. I love the tangy smell and the loveliness of the good crunch sound it makes when you cut into it. The muffins turned out great and I started thinking of more ways I could use up our patch. Over at MS Living I spied this recipe for Rhubarb-Berry Crumbles. Perfect!

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails