Friday, May 23, 2008

Small Spaces

I have been asking myself lately what it is I like about small somewhat cramped places. I adore small kitchens (I grew up helping my mother and grandmother cook and bake in very small kitchens) love small rooms (shared a bedroom with my sister when I was little and couldn't stand being seperated when I got my own) and love small anything. I was wondering if it is because I love when the smallness forces everyone that I love so dear to be close to me and comforted. Is it trying to reanact the closeness that I felt in my mother's womb? I don't know. Is there anyone else out there that feels the same way? Do you know why you love small and prefer it over larger more spacial places? That is a question I would love to figure out someday. Maybe it doesn't matter. But I love to find out what makes me tick.

3 Comments:

a young broken poet said...

i liike yours you should really check out my page im apoet
-young broken poet

Anonymous said...

I like tiny kitchens too. I have a very small kitchen (I am taller than my fridge and I am very short:)!

Anonymous said...

I love small spaces and much prefer small apartments / houses to great big spacious ones. I always have and, like you, have been intrigued by this preference. I just don't feel a need for more space than I can really use. And, I like my things to be all nestled closely together, instead of all spread out where they can't visit with one another. :)

Love your blog, by the way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails